PDR Finesse Tools, Inc. was founded in 2007 by Ike Rhoades in Ava, MO. After a long and successful career as an autobody technician and body shop manager, Ike’s dream was to develop the strongest and highest quality paintless dent repair tools in the industry and involve his family to create a lasting legacy. Under his leader leadership, the PDR Finesse family pioneered the adjustable handle tools and revolutionized the sharp tool movement. The PDR team came to Pitt Technology Group initially to troubleshoot their previous e-commerce site.
After an in-depth investigation of the website our team found:
- Misconfigurations affected their workflow and revenue stream.
- The E-commerce platform was not easily customizable for our client.
- Their website host was unreliable, causing site outages and hindered the online shopping experience.
After configuring their order statuses, automated order email notifications, and shipping calculation settings, the owners reported back saying the changes saved them extra manual hours from their workflow.
Another thing apparent was their e-commerce platform was a one-stop-shop and the storefront was not easily customizable for our client. We recommended them to have us migrate their store to a more reliable and intuitive e-commerce platform and for our developer to give their online store a facelift.
With the guidance of our project manager and in-depth communication with the developer, the client got to be highly involved in the migration, redesign, and configuration processes. It is important to PTG to establish a close professional relationship with our customers, as we respect our clients’ feedback to ensure we achieve the goals they desire for their business.
Some additional items that were on PDR Finesse Tools, Inc’s wishlist for a seamless e-commerce experience:
- Shoppers could do guest checkout or save their info to an account,
- Automated shipping tracking notifications,
- No stock management,
- Secure payments via Paypal or credit card,
- Custom contact forms – one in which shoppers could request a custom tool to be built to specific standards,
- Responsive on different devices (website can be viewed on differently-sized screens,)
- And a dashboard that easily integrated with their warehouse packing/shipping workflow.
The owners of PDR Finesse Tools, Inc. commented they felt less stress knowing we were taking care of the tech side of the business and were enthusiastic with the outcome of their new e-commerce website.